Reporting line: Head of Development
Salary: £40,000 to £55,000
Data Interconnect is a highly successful UK-based Fintech Software vendor focused on cloud-based Invoice-to-Cash Accounts Receivable suite that enables them to automate processes, reduce costs and improve cash collection efficiencies resulting in increased cash flow.
We are embarking on an exciting growth journey, after significant recent investment in new product, and are looking for a PHP Developer to join our team.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a PHP Developer who is ready to take the next step in their career. If you are dedicated to the craft, want to write code that you are proud of, enjoy a challenge and want to be part of a smart, creative and growing team with a great company culture then this is the right opportunity for you.
You should be ambitious, want to learn and want to progress in a competitive but friendly way. We are happy to help you train and grow in both your career and skillset if you have a can-do attitude. For us, the attitude will get you 80% of the way there.
The role will also include the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop new features and modules using open source software with support from the team (Product, BA, QA, Devops, Developers etc) and stakeholders
- Work with team on maintaining all systems architecture and infrastructure, external and internal, supported by our hosting company
- Write clean and scalable code
- Work methodically within our processes to help improve and maintain the highest levels of quality assurance
- Contribute to the development process in a proactive and responsive manner in a PHP development environment as well as mastering our current programming practices and processes
- Provide additional support and mentoring using any specialist skills you can bring to the team
- Assist with all levels of documentation, specification, design and testing
- Contribute to assisting service delivery
- Assist the Sales Team and Account Managers with technical queries and solutions particularly when specifying job requirements and solutions
- Excellent PHP development skills and a good understanding of technical infrastructure.
PHP Developer Essential Development Skills & Experience
It is a requirement that you have at least 3 years’ experience of developing Enterprise level software.
- Language: PHP *, MySQL5*, HTML, CSS, XML. It would also be advantageous to have a knowledge of the following: Symfony3+, Angular 7, AWS (EC2, SQS, Aurora, SES), Apache, GIT, Ubuntu, Jira, Bitbucket, Behat, PHPUnit, Automated testing, AI/Machine learning
- Methodologies: Agile/Kanban
- Skillset: Analysis, OO design specification, DDL and DML, test driven development, programming, mentoring & training, documentation
You may have worked in the following capacities:
Midweight PHP Developer, PHP Developer, PHP Software Developer, PHP Programmer, Full Stack PHP Developer, Senior PHP Developer, LAMP Developer, LAMP Developer Team Lead
The Data Interconnect rewards and benefits package include:
- Bonus options
- Private BUPA health insurance and option to include family members
- Childcare Vouchers and other affiliate major brand retail discounts
- Generous holiday with the ability to purchase more
- Free access to our on-site gym
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies.