PHP Developer – Part Remote £40-55K – Enterprise Level Fintech SaaS
Swindon Head Office 3 days /Remote 2 Days
Bupa Healthcare, Private Gym access on site, Pension
The PHP Developer Opportunity:
We are looking for a PHP Developer who is ready to take the next step in their career. If you are
dedicated to the craft, want to write code that you are proud of, enjoy a challenge and want to be part of a smart, creative, and growing team with a great company culture then this is the right opportunity for you.
You should be ambitious, want to learn, and want to progress in a competitive but friendly way. We are happy to help you train and grow in both your career and skill set if you have a can-do attitude. For us, the attitude will get you 80% of the way there.
The PHP Developer Role:
• Design and develop new features and modules using open-source software with support
from the team (Product, BA, QA, DevOps, Developers etc) and stakeholders.
• Work with the team on maintaining all systems architecture and infrastructure, external and
internal, supported by our hosting company.
• Troubleshoot and fix issues with the legacy codebase on an as needed basis.
• Write pragmatic solutions to complex problems with clean and scalable code.
• Work methodically within our processes to help improve and maintain the highest levels of
• Contribute to the development process in a proactive and responsive manner in a PHP
development environment as well as mastering our current programming practices and
• Provide additional support and mentoring using any specialist skills you can bring to the
• Assist with all levels of documentation, specification, design and testing.
• Contribute to assisting service delivery.
• Aid the Sales Team and Account Managers with technical queries and solutions particularly
when specifying job requirements and solutions.
• Excellent PHP development skills and a good understanding of technical infrastructure
PHP Developer Essential Development Skills & Experience:
Languages: PHP5, MySQL, HTML, CSS, XML
It would also be advantageous to have a knowledge of some the following:
+ Symfony3+, Angular 8,AWS (EC2, SQS, S3, Aurora, SES), Apache, GIT,
Ubuntu, Jira, Bitbucket, Behat, PHPUnit, Automated testing, AI/Machine learning, PhpStorm, Xdebug
+ Methodologies: Agile/Kanban
+ Skillset: Analysis, OO design specification,DDL and DML, test driven
development, programming, mentoring & training, documentation
You may have worked in the following capacities:
Midweight PHP Developer, PHP Developer, PHP Software Developer, PHP Programmer, Full Stack PHP Developer, Senior PHP Developer, LAMP Developer, LAMP Developer Team Lead.
About the company:
Data Interconnect (DI) is a highly successful UK-based Fintech Software vendor embarking on an
exciting growth journey after significant recent investment in new product and people.
DI provides its clients with a leading cloud-based Order-to-Cash Accounts Receivable suite that
enables them to automate processes, reduce costs and improve cash collection efficiencies resulting in increased cash flow. DI’s SaaS platform enables customers to get paid faster by automating manual and time-consuming tasks. With an existing and highly satisfied customer base of very well-known large international Blue-Chip enterprises, we are a secure and dynamically growing Software business with a 25-year history of stability and profit from offices near Shrivenham on the Oxfordshire / Cotswolds border. The next few years will be an exciting time for the company as growth explodes.
Our jobs come with fantastic perks as well – our office has a private gym attached which you can use whenever you want, you get private health insurance and there are pension and bonus options for all successful candidates. 21 days annual leave, bank holidays on top of that and the option to purchase more. Once a quarter, we have a pitstop lunch with pizza or deli provided and we have an active staff led social committee.
You must have experience of developing Enterprise level software for at least 3 years.